Pancakes are even more delightful when you dress them up for the season! These snowman pancakes, easy and fun, are a family favorite and they are so simple to make! We like to make these in DIY build your own pancake snowman style. Chances are you already have all the ingredients you need, so let’s get started!
In our home, we love making shaped pancakes to suit the season. Right now, we’re right on track for snowman pancakes. Easy steps make this breakfast idea fun for all ages! If you can make regular pancakes, you can make snowman pancakes. Just a few small finishing touches really add a festive pop to your winter breakfast or Christmas brunch.
Try our snowman pancakes recipe to make your meals extra special this season!
How to Make Snowman Pancakes (Easy Tips)
Snowman pancakes – easy and fun – are such a treat this time of year or any time, really. Follow these steps to make your own snowman pancake easy style for breakfast or brunch!
Snowman Pancakes Easy and Fun!
- 2 cups Bisquick pancake mix
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Snowman Pancake Decorations
- 3 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp strawberry slivers
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Make pancakes according to the Bisquick recipe. Fold together the dry ingredients. Melt the butter and combine with milk, vanilla, and egg. Add chocolate chips if desired. Make traditional circular pancakes in sizes of small, medium, and large on your griddle or pan. Tip: If you like, use jimmies / sprinkles to add a little color to the pancakes!
- Stack pancakes high and set them on the table, along with powdered sugar, extra chocolate chips, thinly sliced strawberries, and mini marshmallows. Everyone can assemble their own pancake snowman! Choose two or three pancakes of different sizes and "build" your snowman!
- Sift powdered sugar over them to look like snow. Add chocolate chips for eyes, a nose and mini chocolate chips for a mouth. Add more chocolate chips down the center of the middle pancake for buttons.
- Add a tiny strawberry sliver for a nose. Then, sprinkle a few marshmallows as adorable snowballs at the pancake snowman's feet!
Frosty the Snowman Pancakes
To make Frosty the Snowman pancakes, simply break down the image of Frosty into shapes!
- Using a pancake pen or similar tool, make a big round belly.
- Add a circle for the head.
- Add two legs with feet, sort of shaped like a boot.
- Add two arms. All of this can be all one piece.
- Allow this pancake to cook and then flip it.
- Next, make Frosty the Snowman pancake’s hat. Make a straight line for the brim and a square for the top part of the top hat.
- Flip over the top hat pancake.
- Serve together and use chocolate chips, raisins, or other confections for the facial features.
TIP: If you have a skinny pancake batter dispenser that allows you to be very detailed, you can draw on Frosty the Snowman’s face and pipe first, and it will darken before the rest of the batter goes down. This leaves the details darker and more prominent!
Snowman Pancake Breakfast
Host a snowman pancake breakfast for your family this winter! It’s a memorable and fun experience, especially around the holidays.
Here’s how you do it:
- Set out all the fixings in little dishes on the table. You should have an assortment of any of the following: chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, blueberries, sliced strawberries, and mini marshmallows. You can even put out pretzel sticks, although I’m not sure if they are truly the right type of food for a snowman pancake breakfast!
- You should also put out your sugar sifter and some confectioner’s sugar to look like snow! The mini marshmallows will be like little snowballs.
- Set a plate at each place setting. Have syrup and butter or whatever your crew likes on their pancakes.
- Give each family member two or three pancakes, depending on their appetite.
- Now the fun begins! It’s totally okay to play with your food today. Have them assemble their snowmen pancakes for a fun and memorable breakfast.
Christmas Snowman Pancakes
We love making special themed meals for our kids on holidays. For Thanksgiving, we make adorable turkey-shaped pancakes with bacon for tail feathers and an egg for a face. (Find the full instructions here!) You can use our Snowman Pancake Recipe to create an extra memorable and special brunch or breakfast on Christmas morning.
To make Christmas snowman pancakes a little more festive, consider making some Santa hats for them! You can do this with red pancake batter in one container and white in another. As an alternative, you can cut strawberries into triangles and use mini marshmallows for the ball on the end of the Santa hat. So many ways to be creative with pancakes!
Feel free to use our snowman pancake pictures for inspiration and create your own fun designs! Be sure to post a comment here or on our Facebook page with your family’s attempt at delicious winter snowman pancakes!