Frozen Meals that Actually Taste Good!
Sometimes the days are short and the to-do lists are long. Anyone else feel this way? I realized I can stretch my time a bit better if I pepper in a high-quality frozen meal once in a while. I grew to love cooking, but time doesn’t always allow me to go all-out. That’s why it’s great to have some of the best tasting frozen foods already on hand in our freezer.
Best Tasting Quick Freezer Meals
These quick freezer meals will literally give you minutes back in your day! (Or, if you’re like me, sometimes an hour!) Most of these are freezer-to-oven meals, so very often, you’ll also get away with fewer dishes to wash, too. Win-win!
Lastly, please forgive the paper plates.
Most days I’d just rather spend time with my family than washing dishes. This is real life, y’all!
Chicken Freezer Meals
- Birdseye Chicken Voila – One of the quickest freezer meals I’ve found that still tastes great, we enjoy Chicken Voila in our home. It isn’t an every week thing by any stretch, but we probably eat it once every three weeks or so. Definitely a good pickup for us, as the whole family eats it!
- Barber Foods Chicken Cordon Bleu – My oldest is obsessed with the Barber Foods Chicken Cordon Bleu and it really is delicious for frozen food. I sometimes feel a bit hungry still after dinner, but these are really tasty and go well with so many sides – rice, mashed potatoes, noodles, you get the picture. Highly recommend!
- Tyson Crispy Chicken Tenders – We’ve tried almost every chicken tender we could get our hands on and I have to say, the Tyson Crispy Chicken Tenders are as close as you can get to restaurant quality at home. Love them!
- Tyson Dino Nuggets – These dino nuggets are the best ones I’ve found so far. We also enjoy the Purdue dino nuggets – in fact, I found the Tyson versions by accident when Walmart grocery pickup was sold out of Purdue. Yummy even for adults!
- Delimex White Meat Chicken Taquitos – It literally doesn’t get any easier than this! Throw a few taquitos on a baking sheet in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes a side, flip and repeat for 11 total minutes. Love these for easy lunches during virtual school days. Done and done!
- Tyson Anytizers Chicken Fries – Daddy likes these with a little buffalo sauce and the girls like them just plain. I have to say, for frozen finger food, these quick freezer meals are great for the whole family.
- Banquet Original Crispy Fried Chicken – Our youngest loves fried chicken and the oldest enjoys it too, so this meal made our list. I will caution – the last box we had of Banquet fried chicken had at least two or three pieces that were just bones breaded and battered. Super dangerous for little ones so please cut your child’s chicken and check it carefully!
Beef Freezer Meals
- Stouffer’s Lasagna with Meat and Sauce or Meat Lover’s Lasagna – I am tempted to freeze one of my own lasagnas and see if it turns out as tasty as a Stouffer’s! I love the meat lover’s lasagna, but the classic is good, too.
- Steak-Umm Minute Steaks – This is one of the only few quick freezer meals on this list you can’t just throw in the oven and walk away from, but I promise the super speedy-quick done-time is well worth it. Fries up in about a minute per side on medium heat! Add a slice of cheese and toss on a bun – yum!
- Mama Lucia Italian Meatballs – I prefer my own, but this is a brand I don’t mind!
Frozen Seafood Meals
- Gorton’s Fish Sticks – How can you go wrong with this classic frozen food? So easy and tasty, we have nothing against fish sticks and actually I think I need to reorder them, so this is a good exercise for my memory. 🙂
- Seapak Fried Butterfly Shrimp – Served with fries and a veggie on the size, this fried shrimp is delicious and a hit with the whole family! A big box stretches to *almost* two meals for our family of four.
- Phillip’s Crab Cakes – My all-time favorite non-restaurant crab cake! Aside from the ones I cook, I suppose. But these are SO good and so quick and I don’t smell crabby for hours later, so yeah, Phillip’s Seafood for the win!
- Birdseye Garlic Shrimp Voila – Love this – similar to the Garlic Chicken above. However, I always feel there’s not enough shrimp, so I make sure to buy an extra bag of precooked frozen shrimp and toss those guys in when heating this on the stovetop.
Pizza & Pasta Freezer Meals
- Tombstone Brick Oven Pepperoni Pizza – We’ve tried so, so soooo many frozen pizzas during the 2020 quarantine, SO many. The Tombstone brick oven style is by far our favorite.
- Stouffer’s Macaroni and Cheese – My kids used to love this mac and cheese. I think it’s similar to what they serve at Wawa or Giant’s hot bar. Lately they’ve been preferring just my own homemade macaroni and cheese recipe, though, so we’ve bought this frozen meal less.
- Michelina’s Wheels & Cheese – This is a small, personal size frozen meal, but my two kids can share it.
You can get most of these quick freezer meals at your neighborhood Walmart, depending on availability. We use the Walmart Curbside Pickup (since before the pandemic) and it’s been life-changing! You can get $10 off your order with my code.
I hope these easy frozen dinner ideas truly make your life easier and less stressful! These are some of the best tasting frozen foods we’ve found in the past 13 years of living here. I will continue to update this list if we find any other freezer meals, healthy or convenient, to add to this post.
If you have any freezer meal ideas to add to our list that you’ve personally vetted, please let suggestions in our comments below. And, if you like this post, you might also enjoy my other post for easy meals, Tired of Cooking? 30+ Quick and Easy Meals to Make!