Last updated on November 22nd, 2020 at 05:10 am
There’s nothing like a delicious, expertly glazed ham. Except delicious, expertly glazed leftover ham that keeps the flavor and deliciousness for many days to come. Here are enough leftover ham recipes to keep you busy and entertained from now until the end of quarantine. Or, at least until the days blur together for a while and you forget what you’ve made 37 times already. 🙂
Without further adieu, here are my family’s favorite recipes for leftover ham. (Great recipes even toddlers and school-aged kids will enjoy!)
It’s worth mentioning that these are just great ham recipes in general. It doesn’t have to be ham that you had left over from Easter or another big meal. You can even use cubed ham for some of these recipes in each meal category – breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Enjoy these easy ham dishes that are designed to appeal to adults and kids alike.
Leftover Ham Breakfasts
- Omelettes – Whip up your favorite omelette using some leftover ham, cheese, and any other fillings you like.
- Quiche – A delicate pastry crust makes this dainty breakfast extra scrumptious. I’ve never made a quiche, but this recipe is one I’ll try when I do, as it has great reviews and looks relatively easy.
- Green Eggs & Ham – Delight your littlest ones with a classic Dr. Seuss dish. Green Eggs and Ham make for an especially memorable quarantine meal with leftover ham.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs and Ham – Keep it simple with a plate of leftovers – hard-boiled eggs and ham from Easter.
- Meat Lover’s Skillet or Breakfast Scramble – Fry up some hash browns, eggs or egg whites, and your favorite meats, including some extra ham from the fridge. Toss it all together, sprinkle shredded cheddar on top, and enjoy for breakfast. Fab Tip: Make extra and freeze small cups of it for easy single-serve breakfasts.
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Quesadillas – Enjoy a clever twist on an easy meal.
- Triple Crown Breakfast Stromboli – Start with your favorite pizza dough. Fry some eggs and sausage. Bacon bits and leftover cubed ham finish this ham dish along with a healthy dose of provolone or cheddar cheese. Roll it up and bake at 375 for about a half hour. Stromboli is so versatile and delicious – always a crowd-pleaser and fantastic as leftovers warm or cold.
Easy Lunches with Ham
- Ham & Cheese Pretzelwich – Start with a fresh soft pretzel or soft pretzel roll and add sliced ham and your favorite cheese. Put it on a baking sheet in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes at 350 degrees or until the entire thing is warm and melty. Yum! A family favorite!
- Grilled Ham & Cheese – Butter the bread and add your favorite cheese and some sliced ham. Bonus if you make your own bread!
- Hawaiian Ham & Cheese Sliders – Make up your own or try a Hawaiian ham and cheese slider recipe to delight your crew. For the simple version, grab some King’s Hawaiian rolls, fresh (or canned) pineapple, cheese of your choice, and of course, your baked ham leftovers.
- Split Pea with Ham Soup – This is my absolute favorite way to use up leftover ham! Few leftovers are as deliciously satisfying as split pea soup with the entire ham bone slowly simmering on the stove top for hours. Even my second grader will eat this!
- Home Salad Bar with Cubed Ham – You can add just about anything to a homemade salad! Try these tips for easy salads for lunch, including using up some leftover ham cubes.
Delicious Dinners with Leftover Ham
- Chicken Cordon Bleu – I have only made it from scratch once, but I’m saving this recipe because their video looks awesome!
- Meat Lover’s Stromboli – Again, start with your favorite basic pizza dough, roll it out and throw on your favorite meats, including leftover ham. Top with mozzarella and/or provolone. Roll it up and bake at 375 for about a half hour.
- Impostor Carbonara (use ham instead of bacon or pancetta) – I’ve never made this but it’s high on my list for a dish my family may enjoy. This recipe is the one I’m planning to try – potentially as an impostor pasta carbonara.
- Croissant Melts featuring Ham & Cheese – Similar to the ham and cheese pretzelwich, grab a croissant and add ham and your favorite cheese. Toss it in the oven for about 8 minutes at 350 to melt the cheese and warm everything up – then enjoy!
- Ham and Bean Soup OR Casserole – I think a ham and bean soup or casserole is the perfect way to finish up your leftovers. Toss together some beans, ham, potatoes, and spices. Find a recipe that resonates with your family and give it a go.
If you have any other good recipes for ham, please share them in our comments below. I hope this article proves helpful as you juggle the many different hats we parents are wearing in the current health climate of our planet.