Some things just go together. Campfires and s’mores. Burgers and fries. Fall and baking. Our family loves to make all kinds of fun treats year-round, but the fall is where it’s at. Try these cute and fun Halloween baking ideas to make delicious memories with your favorite people.
Some of these Halloween baking ideas are super-fast and easy while others may take a little time. Pick one that works for you that day and enjoy every minute and every crumb.
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
The beauty of Rice Krispie treats is that you can decorate them and cut them any way you please! A thick, tall cookie cutter works best, like the Wilton Comfort Grip cookie cutter. Some perfect ones for many different Halloween baking ideas…
- Bat – Wilton Comfort-Grip Bat Cookie Cutter
- Pumpkin – Wilton Comfort-Grip Pumpkin Cookie Cutter
- Ghost – Wilton Comfort-Grip Ghost Cookie Cutter
- Mummy – Wilton Comfort-Grip Mummy Cookie Cutter
- Skull – Wilton Comfort-Grip Skull Cookie Cutter
Follow the recipe on the package of Rice Krispies to arrive at a pan full of treats. Use a buttered spatula to smooth down the surface of the treats. Next, sprinkle with your favorite Halloween themed sprinkles! The kids always love this part! Allow to cool and set. Finally, once cooled, use your favorite fall cookie cutter to cut out Halloween Rice Krispie Treats for the whole family to enjoy.
To decorate Halloween brownies, I find it easiest to use a pan of individual squares. The Wilton Brownie Bar Pan does the trick beautifully! Once you bake your brownies and let them cool, you can pipe whatever you like onto them using your decorator kit or a plastic bag with a corner cut out.
Try these fun monster brownie Halloween baking ideas:
- Frankenstein – Green icing rectangular face, candy sprinkle eyes, black frosting stitches
- 3-Eyed Monster – Any color you like! Decorate with peaks for texture and add three candy eyes
- Cyclops – Color of your choice, plus one large candy eyeball or jawbreaker, and other details like a horn or fangs
- Mummy – White frosting in back and forth and some diagonal motion to simulate bandages, plus two eyes
Halloween Sugar Cookie Cutouts
Make your favorite sugar cookie recipe. Chill the dough if needed and roll it to desired thickness. Let your kids cut out fun shapes like pumpkins, ghosts, bats, witch hats, cats, monsters, leaves, and more. Decorate with Halloween colored sugar crystals or wait until they’re cool to frost them any way you like.
Halloween press cookies are another fun treat to make! You can update your baking gadgets to include fall-themed and Halloween cookie press discs for super easy seasonal baking. To make spiders like I did below, use a pearl or larger circle sprinkle with long, skinny sprinkles for legs!
When it comes to Halloween baking ideas, cupcakes are some of the best and most creative possibilities. You can make just about any Halloween design on a cupcake. For example:
- Jack-O-Lanterns – The round shape is perfect for jack-o-lantern cupcakes. Frost orange and black with a touch of green for stem and leaves.
- Frankenstein – Use green and black frosting, plus candy sprinkle eyes. Don’t forget the stitches.
- Mummy cupcakes – Any base frosting will do, plus white zigzags on top and candy eyes.
- Spiderweb – Chocolate and vanilla frosting to create a spider web and a spider, or use a spider ring!
- Ghost – Frost with white fluffy frosting and add two eyes and a big “O” mouth!
If you want a basic design where the color speaks louder than the decorating prowess, check out our Candy Corn Cupcakes Recipe!
More Halloween Baking Ideas
These ideas are classics, but you can branch out in all directions! Consider these other Halloween baking ideas to enjoy with your little ones.
- Apple Cinnamon Scones
- Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookies
- CinnaBon Copycats
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies
What are your favorite Halloween baking ideas? Share them in our comments below so everyone can enjoy some fun fall baking.